Sunday, April 12, 2009

Transportation engineering

Transportation engineering:

Transportation engineering is concerned with moving people and goods efficiently, safely, and in a manner conducive to a vibrant community. http://www.classes.ce.ttu.edu/ce4361/images/Home.jpg
This involves specifying, designing, constructing, and maintaining transportation infrastructure which includes streets, canals, highways, rail systems, airports, ports, and mass transit. It includes areas such as transportation design, transportation planning, traffic engineering, some aspects of urban engineering, queueing theory, pavement engineering, Intelligent Transportation System (ITS), and infrastructure management.

1 comment:

  1. I found a hose throw costa rica homes for sale and I can´t wait more time to go there. But I never went before. So is important to me to know about the transportation in the country which is vey beautiful. How ever, I heard the transportations is really good.

    ReplyDelete